Friday, December 23, 2011

Check out singer Kymberley Kennedy (@KymberleyK)


A refreshingly light-hearted introduction, perhaps, to a powerful, old school soul voice that commands attention. This, ladies and gentlemen, is British singing sensation, Kymberley Kennedy.
 

Kymberley’s songs ooze enthusiasm and her jaw dropping vocals nail it every time. ‘Blackout’ is the poignant tale of somebody taking control of their life after being put in a position where they have none. The striking (almost) acapella composition makes for a stunning work of genius. There’s an air of humour in the quirky ‘The Big I Am’ and it’s right up there with ‘That Man’ by Caro Emerald. ‘Oh My Love’ is a magnificent pairing of smooth vocals and sumptuous lyrics which completely encapsulate the feeling of being in love. Phrases like ‘Your gift of freedom’s seeing me always as you do now’ show that you don’t have to belt out a number to make it beautiful. ‘I can do runs and a bit of vocal gymnastics,’ she says, ‘but just because I can, doesn’t mean I should.’
 






SoundCloud: 
Twitter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment